2. Separation of Powers and Congressional Powers
6. The Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment
9. Freedom of Expression
10. Freedom of Religion: Free Exercise Clause
11. Contracts Clause, Ex Post Facto, and Bill of Attainder
Free Exercise Clause
In this video, you should consider the following:
- The government cannot interfere with an individual’s free exercise of religion.
- Neutral Laws of General Applicability are allowed if the law applies to all people who engage or fail to engage in a particular course of non-conduct for non-religious reasons even if it happens to burden religion.
Delivered by:Professor Melissa A. Hale