2. Separation of Powers and Congressional Powers
6. The Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment
9. Freedom of Expression
10. Freedom of Religion: Free Exercise Clause
11. Contracts Clause, Ex Post Facto, and Bill of Attainder
Privileges and Immunities Clause
In this video, you should consider the following:
- Privileges and Immunities (P&I) Clause forbids serious discrimination against out of state individuals.
- Do not confuse P&I, which applies to discriminating against out of state residents, with the Dormant Commerce Clause, which applies to discriminating against out of state businesses. Is the counterclaim compulsory or permissive? How do you know?
Delivered by:Professor Melissa A. Hale