Confirm favorite deletion?
Contracts Keyed to Frier
KGM Harvesting Company v. Fresh Network
Citation:36 Cal. App. 4th 376 (1995)
Only StudyBuddy Pro offers the complete Case Brief Anatomy*
Access the most important case brief elements for optimal case understanding.
*Case Brief Anatomy includes: Brief Prologue, Complete Case Brief, Brief Epilogue
- The Brief Prologue provides necessary case brief introductory information and includes:
- Topic: Identifies the topic of law and where this case fits within your course outline.
- Parties: Identifies the cast of characters involved in the case.
- Case Key Terms, Acts, Doctrines, etc.: A case specific Legal Term Dictionary.
- Brief Facts: A Synopsis of the Facts of the case.
- Rule of Law: Identifies the Legal Principle the Court used in deciding the case.
- Facts: What are the factual circumstances that gave rise to the civil or criminal case? What is the relationship of the Parties that are involved in the case. Review the Facts of this case here:
Defendant contracted with Plaintiff to sell 14 loads of lettuce to Plaintiff each week. When the price of lettuce rose dramatically, KGM refused to sell the lettuce to Fresh Network and sold at market price to third parties. Fresh Network refused to pay for the lettuce it had already received and purchased lettuce on the open market in order to fulfill its obligations to third parties. Fresh Network brought suit for breach of contract. The trial court awarded damages in the amount of the difference between the purchase price and the contract price, minus the value of the lettuce delivered under the contract. KGM appealed.
- Issue(s): Lists the Questions of Law that are raised by the Facts of the case.
- Holding: Shares the Court's answer to the legal questions raised in the issue.