Confirm favorite deletion?
Contracts Keyed to Calamari
Donovan v. RRL Corporation
Citation:Supreme Court of California, 2001. 26 Cal.4th 261, 27 P.3d 702, 109 Cal.Rptr. 2d 807
Only StudyBuddy Pro offers the complete Case Brief Anatomy*
Access the most important case brief elements for optimal case understanding.
*Case Brief Anatomy includes: Brief Prologue, Complete Case Brief, Brief Epilogue
- The Brief Prologue provides necessary case brief introductory information and includes:
- Topic: Identifies the topic of law and where this case fits within your course outline.
- Parties: Identifies the cast of characters involved in the case.
- Case Key Terms, Acts, Doctrines, etc.: A case specific Legal Term Dictionary.
- Brief Facts: A Synopsis of the Facts of the case.
- Rule of Law: Identifies the Legal Principle the Court used in deciding the case.
- Facts: What are the factual circumstances that gave rise to the civil or criminal case? What is the relationship of the Parties that are involved in the case. Review the Facts of this case here:
Defendant is a car dealer, and engaged a newspaper to run an ad for a 1995 Jaguar. Due to a typographical mistake, the newspaper mistakenly listed the car for roughly 25% less that it ought to have been. The plaintiff was in the market for a new car, saw the advertisement and inspected it. Despite the car having a number of minor issues, the plaintiff attempted to tender the advertised purchase price but was informed of the mistake in the listing, and the defendant refused to honor the advertised price. Plaintiff bought suit.
- Issue(s): Lists the Questions of Law that are raised by the Facts of the case.
- Holding: Shares the Court's answer to the legal questions raised in the issue.