Criminal Law Keyed to Dressler
Gebardi v. United States
Only StudyBuddy Pro offers the complete Case Brief Anatomy*
Access the most important case brief elements for optimal case understanding.
*Case Brief Anatomy includes: Brief Prologue, Complete Case Brief, Brief Epilogue
- The Brief Prologue provides necessary case brief introductory information and includes:
- Topic: Identifies the topic of law and where this case fits within your course outline.
- Parties: Identifies the cast of characters involved in the case.
- Case Key Terms, Acts, Doctrines, etc.: A case specific Legal Term Dictionary.
- Brief Facts: A Synopsis of the Facts of the case.
- Rule of Law: Identifies the Legal Principle the Court used in deciding the case.
- Facts: What are the factual circumstances that gave rise to the civil or criminal case? What is the relationship of the Parties that are involved in the case. Review the Facts of this case here:
The Petitioners, a man and woman, not then husband and wife (Petitioners), were indicted for conspiring together and with others not named, to transport the woman between states for the purpose of engaging in sexual intercourse with the man. At trial, evidence was presented that allowed the court to find that the Petitioners had engaged in sexual relations during each of the journeys. Further, the evidence showed that the man purchased tickets for both himself and the woman on at least one journey. However, there was no evidence that any other person had conspired with the Petitioners.
- Issue(s): Lists the Questions of Law that are raised by the Facts of the case.
- Holding: Shares the Court's answer to the legal questions raised in the issue.