Confirm favorite deletion?
Business Organizations Keyed to Cox
Gerber v. Enter. Prods. Holdings, LLC
Citation:67 A.3d 400 (2013)
Only StudyBuddy Pro offers the complete Case Brief Anatomy*
Access the most important case brief elements for optimal case understanding.
*Case Brief Anatomy includes: Brief Prologue, Complete Case Brief, Brief Epilogue
- The Brief Prologue provides necessary case brief introductory information and includes:
- Topic: Identifies the topic of law and where this case fits within your course outline.
- Parties: Identifies the cast of characters involved in the case.
- Procedural Posture & History: Shares the case history with how lower courts have ruled on the matter.
- Case Key Terms, Acts, Doctrines, etc.: A case specific Legal Term Dictionary.
- Case Doctrines, Acts, Statutes, Amendments and Treatises: Identifies and Defines Legal Authority used in this case.
- The Case Brief is the complete case summarized and authored in the traditional Law School I.R.A.C. format. The Pro case brief includes:
- Brief Facts: A Synopsis of the Facts of the case.
- Rule of Law: Identifies the Legal Principle the Court used in deciding the case.
- Facts: What are the factual circumstances that gave rise to the civil or criminal case? What is the relationship of the Parties that are involved in the case. Review the Facts of this case here:
Joel Gerber initiated suits on behalf of former public holders of Delaware limited partnership units in Enterprise GP Holdings, L.P. alleging unfairness in the 2009 sale by EPE of its subsidiary, Teppco GP, to a second limited partnership, Enterprise Products Partner, LP. On the same date, Teppco LP was sold to Enterprise Products in a related transaction. In connection with the sales, the Audit, Conflict and Governance Committee of Enterprise Products GP sought a fairness opinion from Morgan Stanley. Gerber, on behalf of the public unit holders, brought suit including breach of implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing.
- Issue(s): Lists the Questions of Law that are raised by the Facts of the case.
- Holding: Shares the Court's answer to the legal questions raised in the issue.
- Concurring / Dissenting Opinions: Includes valuable concurring or dissenting opinions and their key points.
- Reasoning and Analysis: Identifies the chain of argument(s) which led the judges to rule as they did.
- The Brief Prologue closes the case brief with important forward-looking discussion and includes:
- Policy: Identifies the Policy if any that has been established by the case.
- Court Direction: Shares where the Court went from here for this case.