Confirm favorite deletion?
Contracts Keyed to Farnsworth
Walgreen Co. v. Sara Creek Property Co.
Citation:966 F.2d 273
CaseCast™ – "What you need to know"
Only StudyBuddy Pro offers the complete Case Brief Anatomy*
Access the most important case brief elements for optimal case understanding.
*Case Brief Anatomy includes: Brief Prologue, Complete Case Brief, Brief Epilogue
- The Brief Prologue provides necessary case brief introductory information and includes:
- Topic: Identifies the topic of law and where this case fits within your course outline.
- Parties: Identifies the cast of characters involved in the case.
- Case Key Terms, Acts, Doctrines, etc.: A case specific Legal Term Dictionary.
- Brief Facts: A Synopsis of the Facts of the case.
- Rule of Law: Identifies the Legal Principle the Court used in deciding the case.
- Facts: What are the factual circumstances that gave rise to the civil or criminal case? What is the relationship of the Parties that are involved in the case. Review the Facts of this case here:
Walgreen Co. (plaintiff) operated a pharmacy in Southgate Mall. Its landlord, Sara Creek Property Co. (“Sara Creek”) (defendant), promised not to lease any space in the mall to another pharmacy. When the mall’s largest tenant was in danger of closing, Sara Creek planned to replace the tenant with another discount chain that operated a pharmacy. The new pharmacy was to be within a hundred feet of Walgreen’s pharmacy. Walgreen sought an injunction against Sara Creek.
- Issue(s): Lists the Questions of Law that are raised by the Facts of the case.
- Holding: Shares the Court's answer to the legal questions raised in the issue.