Confirm favorite deletion?
Torts Keyed to Twerski
State of Louisiana ex re. Guste v. M/V Testbank
Citation:752 F.2d 1019 (5th Cir.) (en banc), cert. denied, 477 U.S. 903 (1985)
Only StudyBuddy Pro offers the complete Case Brief Anatomy*
Access the most important case brief elements for optimal case understanding.
*Case Brief Anatomy includes: Brief Prologue, Complete Case Brief, Brief Epilogue
- The Brief Prologue provides necessary case brief introductory information and includes:
- Topic: Identifies the topic of law and where this case fits within your course outline.
- Parties: Identifies the cast of characters involved in the case.
- Case Key Terms, Acts, Doctrines, etc.: A case specific Legal Term Dictionary.
- Brief Facts: A Synopsis of the Facts of the case.
- Rule of Law: Identifies the Legal Principle the Court used in deciding the case.
- Facts: What are the factual circumstances that gave rise to the civil or criminal case? What is the relationship of the Parties that are involved in the case. Review the Facts of this case here:
Mississippi River Gulf outlet was closed, and all fishing, shrimping, and related activities were suspended after two ships, M/V Testbank and M/V Sea Daniel (Defendants), collided and spilled containers of PCP. Forty-one parties affected by the PCP spill (Plaintiffs) sued Defendants for negligence, seeking damages for a mix of property damage and pure economic loss. The defendants moved for summary judgment on all claims for economic loss without physical damage.
- Issue(s): Lists the Questions of Law that are raised by the Facts of the case.
- Holding: Shares the Court's answer to the legal questions raised in the issue.