Confirm favorite deletion?
Criminal Law keyed to Dripps
People v. McZeal
Citation:2020 WL 5793282.
Only StudyBuddy Pro offers the complete Case Brief Anatomy*
Access the most important case brief elements for optimal case understanding.
*Case Brief Anatomy includes: Brief Prologue, Complete Case Brief, Brief Epilogue
- The Brief Prologue provides necessary case brief introductory information and includes:
- Topic: Identifies the topic of law and where this case fits within your course outline.
- Parties: Identifies the cast of characters involved in the case.
- Case Key Terms, Acts, Doctrines, etc.: A case specific Legal Term Dictionary.
- Brief Facts: A Synopsis of the Facts of the case.
- Rule of Law: Identifies the Legal Principle the Court used in deciding the case.
- Facts: What are the factual circumstances that gave rise to the civil or criminal case? What is the relationship of the Parties that are involved in the case. Review the Facts of this case here:
On June 4, 2017, the defendant was driving to his aunt’s house with three passengers. The defendant parked across the street from his aunt’s house and went to talk to her. Defendant had parked in front of Anthony Evan’s driveway, and Evans went outside to ask why the car was parked there. One of the passengers, Chris, got out of the car and began arguing with Evans. Micah Riley and his cousin, Trever Anderson, heard the arguing and approached. The defendant returned to his car and joined an argument between Chris, Riley, and Anderson. Evans then went inside and the defendant’s aunt to the defendant to leave. The defendant then left and dropped off the two female passengers. Meanwhile, Riley obtained a gun and Anderson called his younger brother, Andre. The defendant returned to the scene, shot Anderson in the arm and shot Andre multiple times, killing him.
- Issue(s): Lists the Questions of Law that are raised by the Facts of the case.
- Holding: Shares the Court's answer to the legal questions raised in the issue.