Confirm favorite deletion?
Contracts Keyed to Ayres
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Inc. v. Roy Scheider
Citation:40 N.Y .2d 1069.
Only StudyBuddy Pro offers the complete Case Brief Anatomy*
Access the most important case brief elements for optimal case understanding.
*Case Brief Anatomy includes: Brief Prologue, Complete Case Brief, Brief Epilogue
- The Brief Prologue provides necessary case brief introductory information and includes:
- Topic: Identifies the topic of law and where this case fits within your course outline.
- Parties: Identifies the cast of characters involved in the case.
- Case Key Terms, Acts, Doctrines, etc.: A case specific Legal Term Dictionary.
- Brief Facts: A Synopsis of the Facts of the case.
- Rule of Law: Identifies the Legal Principle the Court used in deciding the case.
- Facts: What are the factual circumstances that gave rise to the civil or criminal case? What is the relationship of the Parties that are involved in the case. Review the Facts of this case here:
The plaintiff and defendant were negotiating the terms of a contract for the plaintiff to act in a pilot film and tv series. The parties had negotiated for many weeks. The parties had negotiated the broad outlines of the contract and its financial dimensions with expectations that further agreements were to follow. More negotiations occurred and the plaintiff went to Europe to film the pilot. All the supplemental agreements were negotiated. The only essential term as to which there was no final agreement was the starting date for the tv series. After performing in the pilot film and being compensated for that performance, the plaintiff refused to perform in the subsequent tv series.
- Issue(s): Lists the Questions of Law that are raised by the Facts of the case.
- Holding: Shares the Court's answer to the legal questions raised in the issue.