Confirm favorite deletion?
Business Organizations Keyed to Bouchoux
Lebanon County Employees’ Retirement Fund v. Amerisourcebergen Corp.
Citation:2020 WL 132752 (2020)
Only StudyBuddy Pro offers the complete Case Brief Anatomy*
Access the most important case brief elements for optimal case understanding.
*Case Brief Anatomy includes: Brief Prologue, Complete Case Brief, Brief Epilogue
- The Brief Prologue provides necessary case brief introductory information and includes:
- Topic: Identifies the topic of law and where this case fits within your course outline.
- Parties: Identifies the cast of characters involved in the case.
- Procedural Posture & History: Shares the case history with how lower courts have ruled on the matter.
- Case Key Terms, Acts, Doctrines, etc.: A case specific Legal Term Dictionary.
- Case Doctrines, Acts, Statutes, Amendments and Treatises: Identifies and Defines Legal Authority used in this case.
- The Case Brief is the complete case summarized and authored in the traditional Law School I.R.A.C. format. The Pro case brief includes:
- Brief Facts: A Synopsis of the Facts of the case.
- Rule of Law: Identifies the Legal Principle the Court used in deciding the case.
- Facts: What are the factual circumstances that gave rise to the civil or criminal case? What is the relationship of the Parties that are involved in the case. Review the Facts of this case here:
Defendant AmerisourceBergen Corporation’s alleged role in the opioid epidemic in the United States has made it the target of numerous subpoenas, government investigations and lawsuits. Plaintiffs, AmerisourceBergen stockholders, sought to exercise their inspection right to investigate whether the firm had engaged in wrongdoing in connection with the distribution of opioids. Plaintiffs have proven that they have proper purposes to conduct an inspection. The plaintiffs’ demand stated that the plaintiffs sought to investigate whether the company’s directors and officers have committed mismanagement or breached their fiduciary duties in connection with the distribution of opioids.
- Issue(s): Lists the Questions of Law that are raised by the Facts of the case.
- Holding: Shares the Court's answer to the legal questions raised in the issue.
- Concurring / Dissenting Opinions: Includes valuable concurring or dissenting opinions and their key points.
- Reasoning and Analysis: Identifies the chain of argument(s) which led the judges to rule as they did.
- The Brief Prologue closes the case brief with important forward-looking discussion and includes:
- Policy: Identifies the Policy if any that has been established by the case.
- Court Direction: Shares where the Court went from here for this case.