Confirm favorite deletion?
Business Organizations Keyed to Bouchoux
Fredianelli v. Jenkins
Citation:931 F.Supp.2d 1001 (2013)
Only StudyBuddy Pro offers the complete Case Brief Anatomy*
Access the most important case brief elements for optimal case understanding.
*Case Brief Anatomy includes: Brief Prologue, Complete Case Brief, Brief Epilogue
- The Brief Prologue provides necessary case brief introductory information and includes:
- Topic: Identifies the topic of law and where this case fits within your course outline.
- Parties: Identifies the cast of characters involved in the case.
- Procedural Posture & History: Shares the case history with how lower courts have ruled on the matter.
- Case Key Terms, Acts, Doctrines, etc.: A case specific Legal Term Dictionary.
- Case Doctrines, Acts, Statutes, Amendments and Treatises: Identifies and Defines Legal Authority used in this case.
- The Case Brief is the complete case summarized and authored in the traditional Law School I.R.A.C. format. The Pro case brief includes:
- Brief Facts: A Synopsis of the Facts of the case.
- Rule of Law: Identifies the Legal Principle the Court used in deciding the case.
- Facts: What are the factual circumstances that gave rise to the civil or criminal case? What is the relationship of the Parties that are involved in the case. Review the Facts of this case here:
Plaintiff Anthony Fredianeli met Eric Godtland and Defendant Stephan Jenkins, helping Jenkins form the band Third Eye Blind. From 1993 to 1994, Fredianelli traveled back and forth from Nevada to San Francisco to rehearse, record, write songs, and play gigs. However, Jenkins told Fredianeli that the Band was going to go forward with Kevin Cadogan as its guitar player. Fredianelli was no longer in the Band when Jenkins formed the entities. Plaintiff alleges that during the meeting with Jenkins, plaintiff accepted the Band’s offer to become a full partner according to the terms, as that offer was conveyed to him by the Band’s manager and agent.
- Issue(s): Lists the Questions of Law that are raised by the Facts of the case.
- Holding: Shares the Court's answer to the legal questions raised in the issue.
- Concurring / Dissenting Opinions: Includes valuable concurring or dissenting opinions and their key points.
- Reasoning and Analysis: Identifies the chain of argument(s) which led the judges to rule as they did.
- The Brief Prologue closes the case brief with important forward-looking discussion and includes:
- Policy: Identifies the Policy if any that has been established by the case.
- Court Direction: Shares where the Court went from here for this case.