Confirm favorite deletion?
Constitutional Law Keyed to Varat
Dun & Bradstreet, Inc. v. Greenmoss Builders, Inc.
Citation:472 U.S. 749, 105 S.Ct. 2939, 86 L.Ed.2d 593 (1985).
Only StudyBuddy Pro offers the complete Case Brief Anatomy*
Access the most important case brief elements for optimal case understanding.
*Case Brief Anatomy includes: Brief Prologue, Complete Case Brief, Brief Epilogue
- The Brief Prologue provides necessary case brief introductory information and includes:
- Topic: Identifies the topic of law and where this case fits within your course outline.
- Parties: Identifies the cast of characters involved in the case.
- Case Key Terms, Acts, Doctrines, etc.: A case specific Legal Term Dictionary.
- Brief Facts: A Synopsis of the Facts of the case.
- Rule of Law: Identifies the Legal Principle the Court used in deciding the case.
- Facts: What are the factual circumstances that gave rise to the civil or criminal case? What is the relationship of the Parties that are involved in the case. Review the Facts of this case here:
Defendant sent Plaintiff’s credit report to five subscribers, indicating that the Plaintiff had filed for voluntary bankruptcy. The credit report was both false and grossly misrepresented Plaintiff’s assets and liabilities. Plaintiff brought a defamation action, arguing the false report damaged his reputation.
- Issue(s): Lists the Questions of Law that are raised by the Facts of the case.
- Holding: Shares the Court's answer to the legal questions raised in the issue.