Confirm favorite deletion?
Contracts Keyed to Burton
Angel v. Murray
Citation:113 R.I. 482, 322 A.2d 630 (1974)
ProfessorMelissa A. Hale
CaseCast™ – "What you need to know"
Only StudyBuddy Pro offers the complete Case Brief Anatomy*
Access the most important case brief elements for optimal case understanding.
*Case Brief Anatomy includes: Brief Prologue, Complete Case Brief, Brief Epilogue
- The Brief Prologue provides necessary case brief introductory information and includes:
- Topic: Identifies the topic of law and where this case fits within your course outline.
- Parties: Identifies the cast of characters involved in the case.
- Case Key Terms, Acts, Doctrines, etc.: A case specific Legal Term Dictionary.
- Brief Facts: A Synopsis of the Facts of the case.
- Rule of Law: Identifies the Legal Principle the Court used in deciding the case.
- Facts: What are the factual circumstances that gave rise to the civil or criminal case? What is the relationship of the Parties that are involved in the case. Review the Facts of this case here:
The defendant Maher provided the city of Newport with a refuse-collection service under a series of five year contracts beginning in 1946. In 1964, the defendant entered into another five year contract with the city that would terminate in 1969 and give him $137,000 per year in return for his waste removal services. In 1967, the defendant requested and additional $10,000 per year because there had been a substantial increase in the cost of collection due to an unexpected increase of housing units in the city. The city council agreed to the price increase for the years of 1968 and 1969.
- Issue(s): Lists the Questions of Law that are raised by the Facts of the case.
- Holding: Shares the Court's answer to the legal questions raised in the issue.