Property Law Keyed to Dukeminier
Guillette v. Daly Dry Wall, Inc
Only StudyBuddy Pro offers the complete Case Brief Anatomy*
Access the most important case brief elements for optimal case understanding.
*Case Brief Anatomy includes: Brief Prologue, Complete Case Brief, Brief Epilogue
- The Brief Prologue provides necessary case brief introductory information and includes:
- Topic: Identifies the topic of law and where this case fits within your course outline.
- Parties: Identifies the cast of characters involved in the case.
- Case Key Terms, Acts, Doctrines, etc.: A case specific Legal Term Dictionary.
- Brief Facts: A Synopsis of the Facts of the case.
- Rule of Law: Identifies the Legal Principle the Court used in deciding the case.
- Facts: What are the factual circumstances that gave rise to the civil or criminal case? What is the relationship of the Parties that are involved in the case. Review the Facts of this case here:
There are two lots located in a subdivision in controversy. One has a recorded deed containing references to a plan and restrictions that are applicable to every lot in the subdivision. The second later deed from the same grantor did not refer to the restrictions, but did refer to the plan. Plaintiffs brought suit to enjoin the Defendant from constructing an apartment building on their lot, citing to the restrictions contained in their deed. The trial court found for the Plaintiffs and Defendant appealed.
- Issue(s): Lists the Questions of Law that are raised by the Facts of the case.
- Holding: Shares the Court's answer to the legal questions raised in the issue.