Property Keyed to Rabin
Ferrero Construction Co. v. Dennis Rourke Corp.
Only StudyBuddy Pro offers the complete Case Brief Anatomy*
Access the most important case brief elements for optimal case understanding.
*Case Brief Anatomy includes: Brief Prologue, Complete Case Brief, Brief Epilogue
- The Brief Prologue provides necessary case brief introductory information and includes:
- Topic: Identifies the topic of law and where this case fits within your course outline.
- Parties: Identifies the cast of characters involved in the case.
- Case Key Terms, Acts, Doctrines, etc.: A case specific Legal Term Dictionary.
- Brief Facts: A Synopsis of the Facts of the case.
- Rule of Law: Identifies the Legal Principle the Court used in deciding the case.
- Facts: What are the factual circumstances that gave rise to the civil or criminal case? What is the relationship of the Parties that are involved in the case. Review the Facts of this case here:
In 1981, Dennis Rourke Corp. (Plaintiff) purchased two lots of land from Ferrero Construction Co. (Defendant), agreeing that Plaintiff would have a first right of refusal on the future sale of any of the remaining surrounding lots owned by Defendant. In 1984, Defendant received a third-party offer to buy one of those lots and notified Plaintiff, who exercised its right and matched the offer. However, Defendant ultimately declined to sell, rejecting both offers.
- Issue(s): Lists the Questions of Law that are raised by the Facts of the case.
- Holding: Shares the Court's answer to the legal questions raised in the issue.