Evidence keyed to Waltz
United States v. Goldberg
Only StudyBuddy Pro offers the complete Case Brief Anatomy*
Access the most important case brief elements for optimal case understanding.
*Case Brief Anatomy includes: Brief Prologue, Complete Case Brief, Brief Epilogue
- The Brief Prologue provides necessary case brief introductory information and includes:
- Topic: Identifies the topic of law and where this case fits within your course outline.
- Parties: Identifies the cast of characters involved in the case.
- Case Key Terms, Acts, Doctrines, etc.: A case specific Legal Term Dictionary.
- Brief Facts: A Synopsis of the Facts of the case.
- Rule of Law: Identifies the Legal Principle the Court used in deciding the case.
- Facts: What are the factual circumstances that gave rise to the civil or criminal case? What is the relationship of the Parties that are involved in the case. Review the Facts of this case here:
The defendant owned a parking lot near Logan Airport. When he learned that the state was planning to take the land on which it sat in connection with a building project, he hired two lobbyists to assist him in opposing the project. With each of the two, defendant engaged in various illegal payment activities, resulting in a loss of tax revenue to the Internal Revenue Service (“I.R.S”). Two conspiracies were alleged, each involving the defendant and one of the two lobbyists.
- Issue(s): Lists the Questions of Law that are raised by the Facts of the case.
- Holding: Shares the Court's answer to the legal questions raised in the issue.