Contracts Keyed to Murphy
Textile Unlimited, Inc. v. A.BMH and Company, Inc
Only StudyBuddy Pro offers the complete Case Brief Anatomy*
Access the most important case brief elements for optimal case understanding.
*Case Brief Anatomy includes: Brief Prologue, Complete Case Brief, Brief Epilogue
- The Brief Prologue provides necessary case brief introductory information and includes:
- Topic: Identifies the topic of law and where this case fits within your course outline.
- Parties: Identifies the cast of characters involved in the case.
- Case Key Terms, Acts, Doctrines, etc.: A case specific Legal Term Dictionary.
- Brief Facts: A Synopsis of the Facts of the case.
- Rule of Law: Identifies the Legal Principle the Court used in deciding the case.
- Facts: What are the factual circumstances that gave rise to the civil or criminal case? What is the relationship of the Parties that are involved in the case. Review the Facts of this case here:
After dealing with one another for ten months and conducting approximately 38 transactions with one another, Plaintiff received some yarn from Defendant that it contended was defective. Defendant, in accordance with the terms of its invoices submitted the matter to arbitration in Atlanta, Georgia. Plaintiff filed suit to enjoin the arbitration, claiming it did not agree to arbitration in their original contractual arrangement and that arbitration was prejudicial to the Plaintiff. Defendant argued that Plaintiff accepted its agreement because their contract provided that Plaintiff “accepted these terms in full.”
- Issue(s): Lists the Questions of Law that are raised by the Facts of the case.
- Holding: Shares the Court's answer to the legal questions raised in the issue.