Contracts Keyed to Epstein
Apex LLC v. Sharing World, Inc.
Only StudyBuddy Pro offers the complete Case Brief Anatomy*
Access the most important case brief elements for optimal case understanding.
*Case Brief Anatomy includes: Brief Prologue, Complete Case Brief, Brief Epilogue
- The Brief Prologue provides necessary case brief introductory information and includes:
- Topic: Identifies the topic of law and where this case fits within your course outline.
- Parties: Identifies the cast of characters involved in the case.
- Case Key Terms, Acts, Doctrines, etc.: A case specific Legal Term Dictionary.
- Brief Facts: A Synopsis of the Facts of the case.
- Rule of Law: Identifies the Legal Principle the Court used in deciding the case.
- Facts: What are the factual circumstances that gave rise to the civil or criminal case? What is the relationship of the Parties that are involved in the case. Review the Facts of this case here:
Apex LLC (Plaintiff) entered into twelve contracts to unconditionally sell over 19,000 tons of cottonseed to Sharing World, Inc. (Defendant) over the course of about eleven months. Plaintiff was aware that after receipt, Defendant would sell the cottonseed to third parties and ship only after the third party sent Defendant a letter of credit. Defendant refused to accept nearly 15,000 tons of cottonseed because during the term of the contracts, the price of cottonseed dropped and the third parties stopped sending letters of credit to Defendant.
- Issue(s): Lists the Questions of Law that are raised by the Facts of the case.
- Holding: Shares the Court's answer to the legal questions raised in the issue.