Confirm favorite deletion?
Business Organizations Keyed to Cox
Solar Cells, Inc. v. True North Partners, LLC
Citation:2002 WL 749163
Only StudyBuddy Pro offers the complete Case Brief Anatomy*
Access the most important case brief elements for optimal case understanding.
*Case Brief Anatomy includes: Brief Prologue, Complete Case Brief, Brief Epilogue
- The Brief Prologue provides necessary case brief introductory information and includes:
- Topic: Identifies the topic of law and where this case fits within your course outline.
- Parties: Identifies the cast of characters involved in the case.
- Procedural Posture & History: Shares the case history with how lower courts have ruled on the matter.
- Case Key Terms, Acts, Doctrines, etc.: A case specific Legal Term Dictionary.
- Case Doctrines, Acts, Statutes, Amendments and Treatises: Identifies and Defines Legal Authority used in this case.
- The Case Brief is the complete case summarized and authored in the traditional Law School I.R.A.C. format. The Pro case brief includes:
- Brief Facts: A Synopsis of the Facts of the case.
- Rule of Law: Identifies the Legal Principle the Court used in deciding the case.
- Facts: What are the factual circumstances that gave rise to the civil or criminal case? What is the relationship of the Parties that are involved in the case. Review the Facts of this case here:
Solar Cells was founded by Harold A. McMaster. True North was brought in to provide needed financing. Solar Cells and True North formed First Solar to commercialize McMaster’s solar technology. First Solar is managed pursuant to the operating agreement of First Solar, LLC. On March, 2002, the True North Managers executed a written consent approving the challenged merger of First Solar into FSO. Solar Cells received notice of the proposed merger. The merger would occur based on a total valuation of First Solar at $32 million with First Solar ownership units being exchanged for ownership units of the surviving company. On March, 2002, Solar Cells filed a complaint and request for temporary restraining order enjoining consummation of the proposed merger.
- Issue(s): Lists the Questions of Law that are raised by the Facts of the case.
- Holding: Shares the Court's answer to the legal questions raised in the issue.
- Concurring / Dissenting Opinions: Includes valuable concurring or dissenting opinions and their key points.
- Reasoning and Analysis: Identifies the chain of argument(s) which led the judges to rule as they did.
- The Brief Prologue closes the case brief with important forward-looking discussion and includes:
- Policy: Identifies the Policy if any that has been established by the case.
- Court Direction: Shares where the Court went from here for this case.